Friday, January 29, 2016

Smartphone Photography Tips, Star Wars, and All the Best Intentions

I had every intention of doing a post today with tips to improve your smartphone photography...but it's not going to happen. Because I can't take my mind off these photos!  Last weekend, I needed a little creative inspiration so I decided to photograph my boys' new Star Wars toys one evening.

I'm not really a fan of Star Wars, nor do I like this lego series at all...but these characters were speaking to me for days and I had to get it out of my system.  When I couldn't resist it any longer, darkness had fallen and I lit the figurines with my flashlight (with the exception of the first one) - the effect in the following photos is perfect for a battle between light and dark, don't you think?







As you can see below, my son poses these characters much better than I do...







Sometimes you have to follow the muse when she taps you on the shoulder (or in my case hits me with a Lego lightsaber).

And those phone photography tips I mentioned?  If you're in Vancouver, I'll be sharing them at Mama Mondays at the Juice Truck Store (28 West 5th Avenue between Ontario and Manitoba) on February 1, 2015 at 1 pm.  It's free to attend, AND the Juice Truck is offering a discount to moms attending.  I hope to see you there.

In the meantime, you can find my visual diary here.

No comments:

Post a Comment