Monday, August 24, 2015

My Vancouver

I was recently on an assignment to shoot the sights and sounds of Vancouver.  What a treat that was.  Shooting Vancouver and getting paid?  No problem!  My shot list consisted of Stanley Park, the view of Yaletown from False Creek, and Granville Island, among the many things that make our city special.   But that is just standard beauty.

What is most interesting to me to shoot are the old, ruined, dilapidated and withered scenes that have so  many more stories to tell.  And, what they hide is often more interesting than what they reveal. So that's what I'll share with you today.






These are the photos of Vancouver that really draw me in.  The old, the beautiful, the aging, the ruins; the structures fallen from grace.  Oh what these walls would whisper.

I'm always looking to capture unintentional beauty - follow me on Instagram, @kyrani for my visual diary of the extraordinary in everyday moments.




No comments:

Post a Comment