Thursday, June 4, 2015

Backyard Muse

I feel like I've been in a slump these days waiting to see something that might inspire me to shoot.  When creativity and inspiration are so closely linked to one's profession and personal fulfillment, the waiting game can be painful.  When will the muse show up?  But in the back of my mind was Jack White: 



This bit resonates with me the most:  
"Not every day you're gonna wake up and the clouds are gonna part and rays from heaven are gonna come down and you're gonna write a song from it.  Sometimes, you just get in there and force yourself to work, and maybe something good will come out".  

There's nothing like a friendly kick in the pants from someone who gets it.  

So with these words in mind, off into the backyard.  And there I found the muse, in black and white, among the greens.













No comments:

Post a Comment