Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Aging Beauties

If you follow my blog, you already know I love parrot tulips (you can find photos of them here
and here).  But I especially love them at the twilight of their short life, just before they fall into complete decay.  Not exactly pinterest friendly, but so what?  Sometimes the most beautiful things aren't, like in this post.  

I shot these photos a couple of weeks ago while it was still "June-uary" in Vancouver.  It was one of those sunny days with clouds in the sky and the light changed quite often.  I love playing around with the unpredictability of light.  Take a look; see how it enhances the texture of the tulips?





This one especially feels almost like a watercolour or oil painting.  The bright, diffused sunlight gives the dying flowers' gradients such a soft, painterly quality.





No comments:

Post a Comment