Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Baking with the Boys

Last Friday was a strike day. To keep my boys occupied, I thought this was the perfect opportunity to try baking a chocolate cake from Rosie Daykin's Butter Baked Goods Cookbook.

This would be my second attempt at baking a chocolate cake. The first was for my boys' first birthday.  And, it was terrible.  It looked great and made a cute display cake.  My sister-in-law rescued me and brought over her leftover chocolate cake so that we could all celebrate. 

My boys and I have been having some good success with the recipes from Butter Baked Goods.  So, we decided to try the chocolate cake.  Below are the highlights from our day – with the finished result at the end (you'll have to scroll down to see our masterpiece). 

I was truly impressed with how meticulous and dedicated to the whole experience my boys were.  And, the cake didn't turn out badly either. 
















No comments:

Post a Comment