Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Five Days in New York: New Museum of Contemporary Art

Next time you are in New York, you must visit the New Museum of Contemporary Art on the Bowery.

Designed by the Japanese architectural team SANAA, this museum is the only one in New York City dedicated to contemporary art.  It stands at 175 feet tall and looks like seven boxes stacked on top of each other.  Be sure to read more about the amazing story of it's construction here.  I did not have a lens wide enough to get a shot of the building from top to bottom, and even if I did, I don't think I'd do it justice...so until you get a chance to see it in person, here are a few of my observations from the interior and exterior.

My view of the 28 foot tall "Rose II" designed by German artist Isa Genzken from Prince Street



The 5th floor education centre



"Phyllida Barlow: Siege" exhibition



No comments:

Post a Comment