Monday, July 16, 2012

Five Days in New York: Coney Island Portrait

I was going to do a quick blog post about the New Museum of Contemporary Art on the Bowery.  But I have been obsessing over Coney Island instead.  So fast forward to our last day in New York...

After watching Land of Nod's beautiful Coney Island island tribute entitled "Coney Island Love Letter",  I was inspired to see it for myself.  




Situated in Southern Brooklyn and facing the Atlantic Ocean, Coney Island is, at once, enchanting as well as tacky; a breath of fresh air compared to Manhattan's hustle and bustle - and the antithesis to the stylish, sexy and sophisticated New York City.  Definitely worth a visit. The video above served as my inspiration for the pictures that follow.
































No comments:

Post a Comment