Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Good Things Are Growing

That is how Andrea Bellamy signed my copy of Sugar Snaps and Strawberries.



Most people who know me are well aware of the fact that I do not have a green thumb and that my husband does all the gardening.  Which begs the question, why would I buy a book about vegetable gardening?  The main answer is this:  my brother and his wife have an amazing vegetable garden and for the last two summers I have been dropping by and picking vegetables and herbs.  Lots of lettuce, green onions, tomatoes, swiss chard, carrots, chives, zucchini, and my favourite:  basil - and every year they have TONS of it.  And it is incredibly satisfying to be able to pick it out of the ground and put it on the dinner table.

Andrea's book is great because it's easy to read and for someone who knows nothing about gardening, it is perfect.  Also she focuses a great deal on small space gardening and since we have a relatively small space, it is again, perfect.  Speaking of perfect, here are the a few photos of the boys prepping the area where our garden will be for the cedar bed.  As you can see it gets lots and lots of sunshine.











No comments:

Post a Comment