Thursday, November 25, 2010

Regaining A Sense of Wonder


I think that one of the best things about having children is regaining our childlike sense of wonder and appreciating the beauty around us. I had definitely lost it. There have been countless days where one of my boys will stop in his tracks and exclaim "look mama, a tree!" as we are leaving our house, rushing to go somewhere. Or stick out their tongues on a windy day to experience how the wind feels. There are many of these moments that will take forever to list here but each serve to remind me of the extraordinary in the ordinary.

The photo above is one of those moments, still in pj's watching the snow fall, reminding me of how beautiful the snow is, and getting excited at the fun we will be having shortly, playing outside and building a snowman for the first time. Not to mention the great photo ops that await me!

What were the moments in your life where your kids helped you regain your sense of wonder?

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging Kyrani. I look forward to reading your thoughts. Having a five-year old chicken makes every day a magical adventure. Watching her learn how to read or write and make those connections with the world around her, makes every day special. The fact that you have two boys - oh, boy, the stories you'll be able to share and tell. I can't wait.

    ReplyDelete